OH NO NOW THE FTC = MLM WEB MARKETING OUCH!
FIRST THE FDA IS AFTER YOUR WEBSITE NOW THE FTC
This protection cradle to grave is going to give Ur WatchDog a nervous break down. Would you just catch the indemnity theft crooks, Ponzi Scheme scum bags, real pyramid schemes? Now the Government (the FTC) is going after Blogs and websites for paid content (which they would call MLM paid trust me). And of course testimonials, in addition to income claims. WHY? Bureaucrats can get paid for surfing the web!
WANT TO PRESERVE YOUR WEB MARKETING?
UR Ed: Back to the Technology Solution that I am working on that will take care of the above problems for MLM Companies. Send me the name of the person I should talk to at your MLM Company. Not free but close to it for the impact it has on web marketing by Distributors. NAME AND NUMBER OF PERSON AT YOUR COMPANY TO CONTACT
NEW MLM DANGER & WEB MARKETING SHUTDOWNS
FDA ATTACKS CHEERIOS
ROD COOK, Ur Editor: Wow, 67 replies, all good! I am impressed! if you are like reader #1 (see below), I am working with a team on a technological breakthrough to help MLM companies feel safer about distributor owned websites. There were a total of 12 comments like #1. This FDA attack will not help web marketers! Let me know if you want help or to comment.
Reader: My MLM company has already told leaders, "we may have to have you take down your private web sites." to protect everyone." Love my company but FDA stuff like this makes it worse (losing my web marketing tools) faster. Next we won't be able to use our FaceBook site!
Reader: THE FDA has long been a problem to companies and those who promote "alternative health products/care"--such as herbs, vitamins, etc. They have attacked and charged doctors who use "natural remedies" too. At one time they were searching for anybody who was selling "health products" -- who claimed that it could help one's health. It is no wonder that serious diseases are at epidemic levels and the MEDICAL DOCTORS have limited remedies.
Reader: Regarding Cheerios, Honey Nut is my favorite. Big Brother is getting WAYYYY too big. What is happening to the Land of the Free ????
Alan: This is extremely scary to me. The same agency that approves deadly drugs such as vioxx, prozac, and thousands of others that have lead to prescription drugs being one of the leading causes of death; is attacking General Mills for making a claim for a food product that is completely safe (nutritious is another story) and has been on store shelves for decades. Someone at the FDA is stark-raving mad without one iota of common sense. This action should be broadcast far and wide and the FDA made to look as ludicrous as they really are, as well as who the FDA really works for. It is obviously not the citizens of this country.
Jeannie: About the Cheerios article and the FDA. Tell the big guns that are after General Mills & Cheerios to step down from the Washington Establishment and head home to your home State - Chicago. Leave all of us real Americans alone.
Contes: This regime is anti-entrepreneur & small business - We'll be seeing much more evidence of this in the months to come. The only way to combat it is to put pressure on your Representatives. Most agree with the late Tip O'Neill when he said, "All politics are local." Stamp out repression! Even loyal Democratic Congresspersons and senators will defy the administration if they fear defeat next time. Resist - Take positive action! Write, call and attend meetings. Ed. Note: Yes the Distributor Rights Association is going to push the heck out of Ron Pauls HR 2117 Truth in Nutrional marketing this year.
IF THE FDA IS STOMPING BIG, BIG GUYS, WHAT ABOUT YOUR MLM?
FDA Takes Cheerios to Task for Boastful Labels
The Food and Drug Administration is going after what they call exaggerated labeling in the food industry, targeting America's most popular cereal with an enforcement action over its health claims that the government says "cause it to be a drug."
President Obama isn't just changing rules regulating the environment and the financial markets -- he is also going after the food industry. Start BIG is their motto:
Target and example No. 1: Cheerios! "Based on claims made on your product's label," the FDA said in a letter to manufacturer General Mills, "we have determined (Cheerios) is promoted for conditions that cause it to be a drug because the product is intended for use in the prevention, mitigation and treatment of disease."
At issue are two claims made by Cheerios on their cereal box:
1. "Cheerios is clinically proven to reduce cholesterol 4 percent in 6 weeks."
2. "Cheerios can help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, by lowering the 'bad' cholesterol."
Both of these claims are backed by clinical medical study. But FDA regulations do not allow truthful clinical medical studies to be used for marketing purposes. The MLM Distributor Rights Association has worked hard to get HR 2117 (sponsored by Dr. Ron Paul ex-presidential candidate) moved forward. HR 2117 would allow truthful clinical medical studies to be used for marketing.
If the FDA action against Cheerios holds up, the cereal will be jerked from grocery shelves then burned or buried. After that point in time, consumers would need a DOCTOR’s prescription to buy a box of Cheerios. The message is clear: There is a new FDA sheriff in town and when it comes to false or misleading claims, clean up your act!
"It says there is a new era," says dietician and a former advertising executive Ashley Koff. "They are saying, we are coming into town and we are going to show you what will and won't be allowed, and we're going to be going after every single claim, whether it's on a package or in TV." (MLM companies – The Internet is included). Bruce Silverglade of the consumer advocacy group, Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), said it was a welcome and needed change. CPSI is anti-nutritional and anti-MLM.
Anti-nutritional and anti-MLM Silverglade went on to say "During the Bush administration the Food and Drug Administration essentially took a policy of non-enforcement and failed to stop what became increasingly exaggerated claims, first by small food companies and by larger and larger food manufacturers.” Not said, is that Henry Waxman, a congressman from California, is now helping run the House of Representatives. The FDA is his baby and he hates nutritionals.
"If I were an industry member and I saw what happened with Cheerios, I would look at this example and say the FDA is going after General Mills," said Koff. "If I'm a maker of a small product I better start to look at any study that I am basing my claims on and what I put on my packaging (or advertising)."
Both General Mills and the FDA declined to comment -- but issued statements saying the two sides were in negotiations over the claims that have helped make Cheerios America's best-selling cereal, amounting to one of every 8 boxes of cereal sold in the U.S. General Mills is big … if the FDA kicks their fanny, your MLM company had better run! On the other hand, if they don't, MLM companies are in danger from nutrition and also earnings claims.
The current reaction by MLM companies is to shut down open Internet marketing by distributors who have their own websites. Bad Move! More tomorrow. Your comments below please:
DISTRIBUTOR RIGHTS ASSOCIATION RENEWS HEALTH FREEDOM FIGHT VOW!
The DRA Votes To March On D.C. To Support The new Health Freedom Bill.
NEW H.R. 2117 Health Freedom Protection Ac
The original Health Freedom Bill was drafted by one of our Distributor Rights Legal Advisors and an expert FDA Attorney, Jonathan Emord with input and funding from Youngevity a DRA Company Founder. Our Rod and Marcie Cook (DRA Chairman and Treasurer) flew in to D.C. and joined the Rally for the introduction of H.R. 4282. This was the old bill that expired with the 2006 Congress. It had over 40 Congressman supporting it. Essentially our bill has been re-introduced in this session of Congress as H.R. 2117. The DRA board took action to:
1. Officially provide “Gonzo” all out support for H.R. 2117
2. The board voted to continue planning for the "March On Washington" when we get a mirror bill in the Senate. This to be a peaceful march.... Demonstrate in front of the FDA Campus........and then head up to the Hill.............When? When Jonathan Emord and Ron Paul thinks it will do the most good!
3. We have to keep up the good fight on this even through a Presidential election that slows all D.C. action. We have to plan for a “March on Washington For Health Freedom.
4. The DRA will work with other Health Freedom groups to get this bill to FLY! Tell Your Congress person to Co-Sponsor the Health Freedom Protection Act, H.R. 2117. The Bill the DRA supported from conception in 2005 HR4282 has now been re-introduced by Congressman Ron Paul as H.R. 2117.
The FDA is silly, capricious and acting the behest of Pharmaceutical Drug Lords. It is illegal for your company or you to use to use scientific research in support of a nutritional. If you use honest truthful research information from the National Institutes of Health, your company can be shut down! The only way you can is to run it through the FDA. That takes $500,000 over three years and fighting every time they reject your valid claim. This truly is anti-public good by not allowing reasonable and factual health claims, the rights of Americans to learn about natural products through truthful, science-based health claims is routinely stifled to the detriment of Health and Health Freedom in the United States.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! SEE BOTTOM OF ARTICLE!
COALITION FOR NUTRITIONAL FREEDOM
OF SPEECH... INTRODUCES FDA CONTROLS
The Health Freedom Protection Act New 2007 H.R. 2117 (old) H.R. 4282
A brave group called “The Coalition to End FDA and FTC Censorship” has been formed by over 50 supplement companies and individuals (including the MLM WatchDog and MLM Distributor Rights Association) to create and boost House Bill H.R. 2117 (old H.R. 4282).
In a strong protest of the nutritional care supporters above showed dissatisfaction with the FDA’s handling of health claim petitions. A group of House members (see below) has introduced legislation that would reduce the FDA’s authority to deny or severely restrict them.
The Health Freedom Protection Act H.R. 2117 (old H.R. 4282) also addresses related industry complaints of heavy handedness by the Federal Trade Commission by restricting the commission’s policing authority over dietary supplement advertising.
Introduction of the legislation (HR 2117) now in 2007 follows several FDA decisions to either deny outright the use of large well documented petitioned health claims for lacking adequate scientific substantiation (some had 4’ high piles of good scientific documentation). They have “ruined” some legitimate claims with disclaimers such as “highly unlikely” to describe a nutritional supplement relationship to a reduced risk of a disease that was true!
The bill represents the most concerted legislative effort yet to correct what many public health promoters believe is FDA’s unwillingness to implement the landmark Pearson vs. Shalala ruling as the courts intended. The FDA has ignored Federal Court rulings. Under the “Pearson Ruling,” the FDA must allow dietary supplement health claims that do not meet its regular significant scientific agreement proof standard... if disclaimers make them truthful and nonmisleading!
In a Nov. 10 floor speech, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) said his bill would restore the free speech rights of consumers “to receive truthful information regarding the benefits of foods and dietary supplements by codifying the First Amendment standards used by federal courts to strike down (FDA) efforts to censor truthful health claims.” The bill “also stops the (FTC) from censoring truthful health care claims,” Paul said.
READ ENOUGH? GET OUT PETITIONS AND/OR HELP WITH D.C. MARCH!
Among a long list of restrictions on FDA’s authority, the bill would require the agency to allow a disease claim unless the FDA can prove that there is no scientific evidence whatsoever to support it. This is putting the shoe on the other foot! The FDA would have to limit disclaimers to no more than three concise sentences. It would prohibit the FDA’s waiving conflicts of interest for members of its food advisory panels considering nutrient claims This would keep “Drug/Pharmaceutical employees from attacking nutritional claims.
Bill H.R. 2117 Health Freedom Protection Act (old H.R. 4282) regarding the FTC, would prohibit the FTC from even initiating a deceptive advertising investigation unless it possesses a preponderance of evidence to show that an ad is actually false and misleading. Before holding a nutritional advertiser guilty, the FTC would have to prove that consumers would actually be misled by an ad.
Initial Congress Persons Cosponsoring the bill are Represenatives: Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.), Dan Burton (R-Ind.), Walter Jones (R-N.C.), Rob Bishop (R-Utah), John Duncan (R-Tenn.), Roscoe Bartlett (R-Md.) and Jeff Miller (R-Fla.)
Congressman Paul said Nov. 10 2005 when he introduced HR 4282 (H.R. 2117 Health Freedom Protection Act: H.R.2117) that “FDA bureaucrats are so determined to frustrate consumer access to truthful information that they are even evading their duty to comply with four federal court decisions vindicating consumers’ First Amendment rights to discover the health benefits of foods and dietary supplements.”
Your MLM WatchDog says, the FTC has turned our nations “innocent until proven guilty” rights upside down by requiring supplement manufacturers to satisfy an unobtainable standard of proof that their statement is true. The FTC’s standards block innovation in the marketplace and cause harm to the public.
As examples... HR 2117 (old 4282) would reverse previous FDA decisions by allowing disease claim relationships for well known common sense claims, some of which could improve or save 10’s of 1000s of lives! Examples of such badly needed claims are:
omega-3 fatty acids and coronary heart disease
omega-3 fatty acids and sudden death heart attack
Saw palmetto and benign prostatic hyperplasia!
Glucosamine or chondroitin sulfate and osteoarthritis
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
TAKE ACTION TODAY! SEND PETITIONS - JOIN THE MARCH ON WASHINGTON!
You have my full permission to put part or all of this on your website!
Rod Cook the MLM Watchdog!
FDA & BIG DRUGS COMPANIES – NO FAITH!
An Oct 2005 Harris poll shows that only nine percent (9%) of the American public thinks the pharmaceutical industry tells the truth. 91% don’t think they are honest and trustworthy! Reasons your editor knows why:
1. FDA approved Vioxx killed 55,000 people of heart attacks and other complications. This was a massacre terrorists can only dream about! Sadly, the war in Iraq has gotten a little over 2000 of our troops killed. Turn the FDA over to the military (a 1998 plea I made in the old MLM Insider) If Army Generals got 55,000 people killed as the FDA did from “friendly fire”, the military would hang the Army Generals in the court yard of the Pentagon at dawn!
2. No, it is emerging that anti-depressants touted as the "great glory" are having “hidden” side effects. Oh great... what else are Big Drug companies AND the FDA hiding??
3. We see drug prices manipulated according to countries that people live in. The drug companies are sucking the blood out of American retirees and people without full coverage health insurance. Every time someone has to give up food for drugs (to help them stay alive), an intense hate develops for drug companies.
4. The drug companies plead the extra charges in the US are for research. Research on what? The main research is on "new money" drugs. A new pill for erectile dysfunction? Oh great! We are out of antibiotics that work. If the bird flu doesn’t kill millions, the antibiotic resistant germ epidemic (the plague is coming) will. Viruses? Drug companies gave them up years ago! No big money... lot of cost in basic research. No, better to make penis drugs!
5. One of the big secrets leaking out, has Congress passed laws so that drug companies could pay extra "hurry up" fees, so the FDA can add staff to research and approve new drugs? The drug companies made billions $$$, FASTER! The "hurry up now fees" pay for about 20% of the jobs at the FDA. If a doctor knows that his fat, high level, Civil Service (big money - big perks - hard to fire) paycheck is funded by drug companies, is it going to make them mad? Throw out Vioxx? Why?
6. I do see one win for the drug companies! Yeah... a loss for us! CNN (big drug ads) hardly mentioned (one day maybe) the 55,000 killed by Vioxx. CNN = Constantly Negative News! They have now driveled on about the Sky Marshalls shooting the nut case for 3 days! They rattle on about the NO death toll (months) and the Iraq death toll (years), but they never bring up 55,000 DEAD AMERICANS killed by Big Pharma and their Vioxx Ads on CNN ( + others).
7. Pfizer is one of the big drug companies crying for pity because cutting its workforce. Hey schmucks, no pity here, it's hard for Pfizer to hide its 2005 profits of be $8 billion! Pity?.. how about refunds?"
YOUR EDITOR ROD COOK ASKS,
“HOW DID THE DRUG COMPANIES GET AN APPROVAL RATIING AS HIGH AS 9%?
SEE THE NEXT PAGE - Where you too young in the 60's and 70's to join any kind of march on Washington D.C. ? Here is your change for a peaceful way to change the laws of this nation!
A LAW TO HELP ALL MLM NUTRITIONAL COMPANIES!
DO YOU WANT TO HELP RUN A MARCH ON WASHINGTON House Bill H.R. 4242
would YOU like to:
1. Do hourly training to marchers (before they visit House and Senate Offices) along with
2. Work registration for the Marchers before training sessions the day before.
3. Make and Issue Security ID Badges after each hourly training session?
3. Work on the Mall and by House and Senate Buildings as a Guide
4. Come in 2 days early to work on Information Packs and folders
CLICK BELOW AND GET MORE INFO AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
THE SAGA OF J.I. RODALE
THE FIRST HEALTH FREEDOM FIGHTERS